Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tribute to Koushambi Layek

It was a hard day at Job Hunting. I was really tired after a walk in at an MNC. Before going back home, I took some time out to have a cup of tea at a nearest restaurant. While I was going through the papers, I was reading the article on Koushambi Layek's murder. It apparently described the incident as to what happened at the murder night.

While I was reading through, I saw two fat middle aged ladies dressed in Saree walked into the restaurant. They looked to me like a gossip mongers exactly as we see in the movies. They took the table beside me. One of them saw me reading the article and then began their gossip mill as soon as they sat down. My cup of tea was served. I closed the newspaper and started sipping the tea. I could help stop over hearing the two ladies talk. Their talk did not sympathizes Koushambi at all. They began talking of her character. That pissed me off. Dunno why, but I felt like telling them... "Ladies, Mind your own business. Wonder how clean your children are? It was her own life. She was the best judge as to what she want to do. It was her personal life." I pitied Koushambi. She was apparently cheated and killed by her lover.

I stopped hearing their gossip and began thinking what went really wrong. None of the two were celebrities, nor they were kids to any influential parents. Why did it get to the papers at the first place. Nobody would want the world know that something bad has happened to their lives. I really didn't know. I began cursing the press and the media for making her private life open to all. But then, could it be a blessing in disguise? Since it is open to all, this case would be thoroughly investigated into. Hope this case don't get lost like the others.

After giving it a thought, all I can hope and pray is that justice is served to Koushambi. Hope this case is thoroughly investigated into. God give her family and friends the strength and courage to bear this loss. May her soul rest in peace.

1 comment:

priyanshi B said...

character of a woman is not made of mere words...

i dnt know anything abot kaushambi .. BUT even they say her character was doubtful the question seemingly disturbs my mind is THATS REASON ENOUGH TO KILL A GIRL?? OR REASON ENOUGH TO LET THAT GUY GO FREE WITHOUT ANY PUNISHMENT.. i hope the answer is no...

koushambi relation with manish was her personal affair..why comment on that? why do people have so mean mentality...??

i think you are right to interrupt them...

you know waht i hate FAT ladies anyways....